Bel-Air Premiere Date on Peacock; When will it air? What is Bel-Air about? We have compiled all the latest updates about Bel-Air, cast, characters and trailers on this page.
Will "Bel-Air" start any time soon? What are the latest news about it? Find all your answers below!
More Peacock Series
What Is Bel-Air About?
"Bel-Air" is a contemporary reimagining of the beloved and culture defining 90s sitcom "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air." Now this is a story all about how, My life got flipped-turned upside down, And I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there, I'll tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air...
Set in modern-day America, Bel-Air is a serialized one-hour dramatic analogue of the 90's sitcom "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" that leans into the original premise: Will's complicated journey from the streets of West Philadelphia to the gated mansions of Bel-Air. With a reimagined vision, Bel-Air will dive deeper into the inherent conflicts, emotions and biases that were impossible to fully explore in a 30-minute sitcom format, while still delivering swagger and nods to the original show.
The series regulars include:
· Newcomer Jabari Banks as "Will"
· Adrian Holmes as "Phillip Banks" (At That Age, V Wars)
· Cassandra Freeman as "Vivian Banks" (The Enemy Within, Atlanta)
· Olly Sholotan as "Carlton Banks" (Run Hide Fight, Evolution of Nate Gibson)
· Coco Jones as "Hilary Banks" (Let it Shine, Vampires vs. The Bronx)
· Akira Akbar as "Ashley Banks" (We Can Be Heroes, Captain Marvel)
· Jimmy Akingbola as "Geoffrey" (Most Dangerous Game, In The Long Run)
· Jordan L. Jones as "Jazz" (Rel, Snowfall)
· Simone Joy Jones as "Lisa" (The Chair, What If)
Will Smith previously surprised newcomer and West Philly local Jabari Banks with the iconic, leading role of "Will," originated by Smith. Peacock previously ordered two seasons of the series adaptation of Morgan Cooper's viral fan film Bel-Air. Cooper wrote and directed the four-minute spec trailer, debuting the video on social media in March 2019. The trailer, which currently has nearly 7 million views on YouTube, caught the attention of Smith, and in a reaction video Smith called the film and idea brilliant.
· Co-Showrunners / Executive Producers: T.J. Brady and Rasheed Newson
· Director / Co-Writer / Executive Producer: Morgan Cooper
· Executive Producers: Will Smith, Terence Carter, James Lassiter, Miguel Melendez, Malcolm Spellman, Quincy Jones, Benny Medina, and Andy & Susan Borowitz
Bel-Air is produced by Universal Television, a division of Universal Studio Group, and Westbrook Studios, a division of Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith's media company Westbrook Inc. Drama series is filming in Los Angeles, CA and Philadelphia, PA.
'Bel-Air' previously aired on Peacock network in the US.
Bel-Air Series Premiere Date
Peacock Bel-Air Air Date: As of September 08, 2021, we don't have a certain release date for Bel-Air. But we are expecting it to be announced very soon. Bookmark this page to check it quickly later on!We may earn commission for purchases made through links in this post