MTV Entertainment Studios today announced that production is underway for one of its upcoming holiday films, A Clüsterfünke Christmas, a celebratory parody of the corny and ubiquitous traditional TV movie holiday romance genre.
· Synopsis: The film follows Holly (Vella Lovell, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend), a go-getter real estate executive from New York City who heads on assignment to a small town to buy up the quaint Clüsterfünke Inn and transform it into a mega-resort. First order of business? She must convince the inn’s spinster owners (Rachel Dratch, SNL and Ana Gasteyer, SNL,) to make the sale. But before she can, she meets their nephew Frank (Cheyenne Jackson, American Horror Story), a hot hunk of smoldering woodsman. Will she go back to her fast-paced city life, stripping the town of its old-school charms? Or will she fall in love with Frank and find the spirit of Christmas? What will she do? What. Will. She. Do.
· Written By: Rachel Dratch and Ana Gasteyer
· Director: Anna Dokoza
· Cast: Vella Lovell, Cheyenne Jackson, Rachel Dratch, Ana Gasteyer and Ryan McPartlin
· Executive Producers: Rachel Dratch, Ana Gasteyer; Meghan Hooper and Josh Van Houdt (MTV Entertainment Studios); Danielle von Zerneck (Wishing Floor Films); Jamie Goehring and Shawn Williamson (Lighthouse Pictures)
· Executive in Charge of Production: Donny Hugo Herran
· Production: MTV Entertainment Studios, Lighthouse Pictures and Wishing Floor Films
· Quote from Rachel Dratch and Ana Gasteyer: “It feels like a Christmas miracle to work together to create the ultimate holiday TV movie homage. We’re whipping up a punchy seasonal cocktail with insider insight from holiday film vets Danielle von Zerneck and Michael Murray, the keen eye of Anna Dokoza, and brimming with ribbons, townsfolk, and tropes – all against the classic festive backdrop of Vancouver in July!”